I work at Brave Software, shipping privacy features in the browser as part of the Research team and conducting privacy reviews across the company.
I previously worked at Salesforce on DNS privacy and (in an earlier team) on privacy & data governance.
I have an interest in privacy-respectful standards and am active in the IETF and W3C.
I care about social implications of technology, and was an Internet of Rights fellow at ARTICLE 19, a UK-based human rights organization. I am currently on the Advisory Council of Open Tech Fund's Information Controls Fellowship.
Engineering / Open Source
- Brave browser
XFR-over-TLS support for NSD
- Popular on Hacker News, Reddit and other places.
Co-maintainer of and contributer to tough-cookie.
- Add support for RFC 9103 to the NSD auth server.
- RFC6265 Cookies and CookieJar for Node.js
- 30 million weekly downloads
- Co-chair, NDSS 2021 DNS Privacy Workshop.
- "Bringing Content Blocking To The Masses" - Talk given at USENIX PEPR '22.
- "DNS Privacy Vs." - Panel at USENIX PEPR '22.
- Artifact reviewer, PoPETS 2021.
Co-chair, Privacy Research Group at IETF/IRTF.
Invited expert, W3C Privacy Interest Group.
- Working on Distributed Secret Sharing for Private Threshold Aggregation Reporting (STAR) at IETF.
- Co-chair, Oblivious HTTP Application Intermediation (OHAI) at IETF.
- RFC 9103: Encrypted DNS Zone Transfers.
- De-AMP - #1 on Hacker News, and featured in
- Normalization of privacy violations - #1 on Hacker News
- Mentor for MITPOSSE.
- IETF Guide - I mentor newcomers to IETF to help them active and contributing members of IETF.
One mentee blogged about it!